Brent Artists Resource
Déjà vu open submission
A multi-media exhibition celebrating BAR’s diverse artistic community.
The Library at Willesden Green
Calling all BAR Members past, present and future! We invite you to submit work for our upcoming exhibition at the gallery in the new Willesden Green Library Centre.
The exhibition will be an opportunity to showcase a selection of work that celebrates BAR’s diverse and inspiring artistic community and its 30 year history in Brent.
The exhibition is open to a variety of mediums including all 2D work (painting, photography, print, mixed media, drawing), small sculptural work and contemporary craft.
This is a competitive selection with only a limited number of places available. As a result not all applications will be successful and a maximum of 1 piece can be chosen per artist. We urge all applicants to submit their very best work with special attention being paid to mounting and framing. More details can be found below.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
How to submit
Email Submission Deadline: Tuesday 13th October
- JPEG/Image – Please make sure images have artwork titles
You may submit up to 3 pieces of work
- D.Rings: All 2D work must be fitted with D rings. One D Ring on each side of the work, placed either 7cm or 10 cm from the top depending on size of work. Please ensure the D ring is not visible when work is hung.
- Framing: Only contemporary professional framing will be accepted. No Perspex or clip frames.
- Unframed 2D works on canvas on good quality deep stretchers and photographic works professionally mounted on board or aluminium with D rings will be permitted.
- Size limit: 3D 30cm2 limit & 2D work 1m2 limit
- Labelling: Please ensure all work is labelled on the back with name, title and price
- Insurance: All artists must provide their own insurance for loss or damage of artwork. The Library has security guards at the main entrance and 24/7 CCTV.
Please note: we will not be able to accept artwork on the hand in day if it does not meet these requirements. If you are unsure about any of these details, then please contact us via email and we would be happy answer any queries.
- Email Submission Deadline: Tuesday 13th October
- Selection results: Tuesday 20th October
- Hand in Day: Friday 6th November at 10am
There is a hanging fee for selected work only. This goes towards the management of the exhibition including installation, staffing and private view.
£20 per piece
Membership: If you are not a member of BAR Gallery you will need to join to take part in the show. It is £25 for the year, which gives you access to 3 exhibitions and other events and projects throughout the year. You can find out more details on our website.
There is a 25% commission on sold artwork that goes to Brent Council.
Private View 12 November, 6pm-9pm